Friday, February 17, 2012

A nice surprise

Feeling rather pleased with myself this morning, after learning that I've won second prize in a local competition for winter scenes taken during the last wintery spell. This photo was taken across the frozen bay, near the inner city.
(Click on the image for an enlargement)


This photo needed a little reworking, the contrasts were a little flat at first and there was just too much blue throughout the image. The rest of the photos in this winter series can be seen on my Flickr stream.

Keep well...


4 comments:

  1. Lovely, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I was a little surprised though, there were a number of really original and well made photos which also were entered so I'd forgotten all about my participation in the meantime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!
    if there was any retouch, it does not show and this is what i like the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to leave the photos alone as much as possible, but occasionally need to correct colour casts or work on the brightness/contrast. Also, the right crop makes a photo much more effective.

      Delete