Friday, August 12, 2005

The other side of the city

Despite all the beauty I'm managing to capture with my camera nowadays, I feel it's only fair to give an impression of another side of Amsterdam. A year or two ago, work was started on the new underground line which is resulting in most of the inner city being torn up in the construction process.


Close to Central Station, the first stages of the drill shaft being constructed.

 



A retrained acrobat?

 



Last January.

 



Concentration...

 

2 comments:

  1. You should see Bucharest when they're building or reparing something! Much worse than this, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Bucharest in 1985 when the metro there was under construction (hey, what a sillly coincidence, b.t.w.)... parts of the city were an absolute chaos... :D

    ReplyDelete