Thursday, July 28, 2005

See who I am


 


See Who I Am
- Within Temptation -


Is it true what they say,

Are we too blind to find a way?

Fear of the unknown cloud our hearts today.

Come into my world,

See through my eyes.

Try to understand,

Don't want to lose what we have


We've been dreaming

But who can deny,

It's the best way of living

Between the truth and the lies


See who I am,

Break through the surface.

Reach for my hand,

Let's show them that we can

Free our minds and find a way.

The world is in our hands,

This is not the end.


Fear is withering the soul

At the point of no return.

We must be the change

We wish to see.

I'll come into your world,

See through your eyes.

I'll try to understand,

Before we lose what we have.


We just can't stop believing

Because we have to try.

We can rise above

Their truth and their lies.


See who I am,

Break through the surface.

Reach for my hand,

Let's show them that we can

Free our minds and find a way.

The world is in our hands,


See who I am,

Break through the surface.

Reach for my hand,

Let's show them that we can

Free our minds and find a way.

The world is in our hands,

This is not the end.


I hear the silence

Preaching my blame.

Will our strength remain

If their power reigns?


See who I am,

Break through the surface.

Reach for my hand,

Let's show them that we can

Free our minds and find a way.

The world is in our hands,

This is not the end.


6 comments:

  1. I like within temptation. I have the CD with this track. It's really beautiful. Sharon has such an enchanting voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I don't like Within Temptation one bit. But hey, we all have different tastes, and I won't look down on you for it! ;):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of Within Temptation. Hmmm...must not be an American Import. LOL.
    I do, however, love those words. I've read them a few times now. Very Very thougth provoking.
    That's why I love music.
    XOXO
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was totally shattered by the "mother earth" track on their first CD when i first heard it, it was so beautiful... there are a couple of other good tracks as well, but "the silent force" is a step forward again, a little too daring occasionally in that the musical progressions are slightly incomprehensible...

    @ liesl:
    she has an enchanting voice indeed, a little too much remastering at certain points but she has a totally wild and wonderful quality i just can't ignore

    @ milamber:
    you have my permission to disagree with me whenever you like ;-)...
    pity though, i've discovered a quality in the music completely beyond anything i've ever known

    @ ms thoughtsgalore:
    they aren't terribly well known outside of western europe, although i've managed to interest some friends and family in australia with illegal copies :D
    some of the texts are enchanting, some a little less but overall poetic and a delight to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ever heard of her... I will try to look for the song...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this song nor the singer, but I have to say I'm not curious.

    ReplyDelete